EDUloanAid.com (“ELA”, “the website” ) is committed to protecting your privacy and developing technology that gives you the most powerful and safe online experience. This Statement of Privacy applies to the EDUloanAid.com website and governs data collection and usage. By using the website, you consent to the data practices described in this statement. We have created this privacy statement in order to demonstrate our firm commitment to your privacy. The following discloses our information gathering and dissemination practices for the company and any web sites on which this statement appears:
- This policy covers how we treat personal information that the website collects and receives. Personal information is information about you that is personally identifiable like your name, address, email address, IP address, or phone number, and that is not otherwise publicly available.
- This policy does not apply to the practices of companies that we do not own or control, or to people that we do not employ or manage.
Information Collection and Use
- The website collects personal information when you register with us. We may combine information about you that we have with information we obtain from business partners or other companies.
- Our information request forms require users to give us contact information (like their name, phone number, and email address) and financial information (like their desired loan amount, and their debt situation). The user is explicitly informed that they may be contacted by one or more of our customers if they submit the information request form. The user’s contact information is shared with other companies who are customers of SLRS that may want to contact our users. Each participating customer’s own privacy statement will then apply to this transferred information. In no way is any of the information submitted by the users sold to any third parties that are not our customers. Financial information that is collected is used solely by our customers for the purpose of better serving the user’s request.
- The website automatically receives and records information on our server logs from your browser, including your IP address, cookie information, and the page you request. This information is used for the operation of the service, to maintain quality of the service, and to provide general statistics regarding use of the Web site.
- We reserve the right to send you certain communications relating to our services, such as service announcements, administrative messages, special offers and website Newsletter.
- All potential clients have the ability to process their own consolidation with no help of Student Debt Ease free of charge.
Confidentiality and Security
- We limit access to personal information about you to employees who we believe reasonably need to come into contact with that information to provide products or services to you or in order to do their jobs.
- We have physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with federal regulations to protect personal information about you.
- We may set and access cookies on your computer. We use this information for Web Site and Systems Administration.
- Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer’s hard drive through your Web browser to enable our systems to recognize your browser.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
- Automatic Information: We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, like many Web sites, we use “cookies,” and we obtain certain types of information when your Web browser accesses this site.
- SLRS may, from time to time, contact you on behalf of trusted business partners about a particular offering that may be of interest to you. In those cases, your unique personally identifiable information (e-mail, name, address, telephone number) is not transferred to the third party. In addition, SLRS may share data with trusted partners to help us perform statistical analysis, send you email or postal mail, provide customer support, or arrange for deliveries. These companies may use your personal information to help us communicate with you about offers from the website and our marketing partners. You may receive certain communications relating to our services, such as service announcements, administrative messages, special offers and a Newsletter.
- We respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims.
Online Tracking Technology: We do not currently employ any technology that enables us to track your online activities over time and across third-party Web sites, nor do we currently permit third parties with whom we may share PII to do so. Keep in mind, however, that we have no control over the activities of third parties, and they may employ such technology regardless of whether we prohibit it. Because we do not employ tracking technology we offer no response to Do Not Track requests transmitted by Web browsers.
CalOPPA Statement: In compliance with the California Online Privacy Protection Act (CalOPPA) be advised that there is no login requirement to use this site, and all users can visit this site anonymously.
Mobile Terms Of Service
Standard message and data rates may apply. Student Debt Ease does not require to pay a subscription fee at any time. Please contact your carrier to ask about messaging charges for your specific plan.
To opt-out from receiving further text messages, you can send a text message of STOP to 99629 from your mobile phone and you will be unsubscribed automatically and immediately. You will not receive any additional messages from Student Debt Ease with the exception of the message which confirms you have been removed from the list. Additional words to opt-out include: quit, bye, cancel, unsub, unsubscribe and stop all.
Modification of Policy/Notice
We reserve the right to change, modify, add or remove portions of this document, without advance notice to you. We will notify you of any such changes by posting the effective date of the change at the top of this page (which will also reference the particular sections to which changes were made), together with a link to previous versions. Except as stated elsewhere, such amended terms will be effective immediately and without further notice. Your continued use of this site after the posting of changes constitutes your binding acceptance of such changes.
- We may update this policy. We will notify you about significant changes in the way we treat personal information by sending a notice to the primary email you entered or by placing a prominent notice on our site.